23rd May 2020
SWARAJ INDIA PRESIDENT YOGENDRA YADAV REQUESTS BENGAL CM TO PROACTIVELY DISCLOSE AMPHAN SUPER CYCLONE DATA
Delhi, 23rd May, 2020: Swaraj India National President Yogendra Yadav today wrote to Ms. Mamata Banerjee, Chief Minister of West Bengal, requesting her to proactively disclose and share information regarding loss of lives due to Amphan Super Cyclone. (Letter attached to Press Release)
Yadav told Ms. Banerjee that disclosure of information greatly helps in functioning of participatory democracy where people have better understanding of the steps being taken by their government and any disinformation, misinformation and fake news is effectively thwarted and dispelled.
The West Bengal Chief Minister was specifically requested to immediately upload and publish in the Govt. of West Bengal’s as well as the Chief Minster’s official Website, Facebook Page and Twitter handle:
1. An up-to-date list of persons who have unfortunately lost their lives due to Amphan, with details of Village, Panchayat, Block and District.
2. Notification of the Govt. of West Bengal regarding compensation to be paid to families of the deceased.
3. Notification of the Govt. of India regarding compensation to be paid to families of the deceased.
4. A Note of Clarification about total compensation to be paid to families of the deceased, clearly mentioning State Govt. and the Central Govt. component.
5. Order of the Govt. of West to concerned District authorities about process and timeline for disbursement of the compensation to families of the deceased.
Swaraj India is confident that the suggestions would be found acceptable and directions for necessary action shall be issued.
Yogendra Yadav assured the West Bengal Chief Minister that Swaraj India is clear in its understanding that great suffering has befallen the people of Bengal and posed great challenges to her government and that the rest of India stands with the people of Bengal and her administration in this grave hour of need. He further assured her of Swaraj India’s full cooperation and assistance.
Contact: Ashutosh – 99991 50812