The Party aims to attain Swaraj for and within our country, our society, our globe and our selves. For us Swaraj is rule of the self and rule over one’s self, freedom from all forms of dominance and freedom for self-realization at every level of human life, so that we have:
- Democratic governance that is transparent, accountable, participatory and de-centred;
- Sustainable economic development that encourages human enterprise and ensures well- being for all;
- Just society that achieves true harmony across divisions of gender, caste, class, race and religion, etc. based on equality;
- Education, knowledge and culture that fosters human understanding, enriches diverse cultural heritage of humankind and promotes quest for truth;
- Global peace involving harmonious existence among nations and states, humans, other living beings and nature; and
- Human happiness that comes from individual liberty, freedom of thought and autonomy in ideas and deep self-awareness and self-transformation.